1) The Society is officially in the National Register of Historic Places! In 1986, the Pennsylvania History & Museum Commission came through SW PA and placed onto the nomination list many places throughout the region. Unfortunately, due to ignorance and in some cases outright foolishness, many of the "historical treasures" that could have been utilized for tourism purposes have been torn down in many of our communities. Charleroi has been recognized as an Era town - showcasing much of the architecture that was built and existed predominantly during the very late 1800s and very early 1900s. It also has a rich history in many other venues besides its architecture. Transportation, industrial, political, regional and its preceding history connected with its preceding Fallowfield Township history as well.
& History Research Center - at the John K. Tener Library.
Target Date for Public Use: February 1st, 2005 - days,
hours, and fees will be posted in near future.
3) Advocation and assistance regarding
Mini-Museums throughout town and school district area in order
to help the downtown district as well as "spread the wealth"
via Walking & Driving Tours brochures.
4) 3 Phase Process regarding up-to-date
inventory of Society archives. 1st Phase is very near
completion, 2nd and 3rd Phases have already been partially started.
5) If you are searching for genealogical and history information pertaining to the Charleroi area then please call: 724-483-2030 or write to - with specifics: CAHS Gen & History Research Center, ATTN: (Gen or History), 7th & Fallowfield Avenue, Charleroi, PA 15022
6) All information, pictures, and documentation is being accumulated to place into a new history book that will cover the history of the whole school district area. Copies of items of interest will be processed, inventoried, archived, and utilized toward seeing this goal and project completed.